Tuesday 6 May 2008

Johansson unveils her debut album

Johansson unveils her debut album



Scarlett Johansson played her debut album, 'Anywhere I Lay My Head', to journalists at a listening party in New York yesterday.
Hoarding reports that the launch took place at Joe's Pub in the city.
'Anywhere I Lay My Head' features 10 covers of Gobbler Waits songs and one pilot caterpillar track, 'Song for Jo'; it testament be released on 20 Whitethorn.
Johansson said that she had originally planned to criminal record an album of standards simply then decided to fete Waits' material.
"His melodies are so beautiful and his voice is so distinct," she said.
Johansson said that her interpretations of the music legend's songs have met with his approval.
"I sent him about of the betimes, early recordings, and he said, 'Go ahead'. I've heard he's very pleased," said the genius.
While Johansson has no plans at present to do live shows, she said the thought of maybe doing a festival date with the musicians world Health Organization worked on the album would be intriguing.
The full tracklisting for 'Anywhere I Lay My Head' is:'Fawn''Town with No Cheer''Falling Down''Anywhere I Put down My Head''Fannin' Street''Song for Jo''Green Grass''I Wish I Was in New Orleans''I Don't Want To Grow Up''No One Knows I'm Gone''Who Are You?




Kasey Chambers